Timur grapes - one of the best varieties of Russian breeding. It was obtained by crossing varieties of Delight and Frumoas Albe. Today this grape is known in all corners of Russia among gardeners and winegrowers. It is distinguished by precocity, large berries and relative simplicity.
Description of the grape variety Timur
Grapes varieties Timur belongs to the dining room group. Early ripening period. Bushes grow small, low and do not occupy much space on the site. The root system is developing rapidly. Vine brown, suitable as a hedge, matures quickly. These grapes are often allowed to curl on the walls, fences, columns. The leaves are green, medium in size, three-toed with deep notches. Flowers bisexual.
The rind is thin, the flesh is fleshy, crunches when biting
Clusters grow friable, within 400-600g, but champions weighing up to a kilogram are also found. Berries are white with amber tint after full ripening. The shape of the berry is elongated, the weight is 6-8 g. The rind is thin, the flesh is fleshy, it crunches when biting. The taste of grapes is sugar, harmonious. Muscat flavor.
The merits of grapes TimurRead also these articles.
- Gooseberry variety Ural emerald
- Cultivar Alligator
- Broiler ducks
- Five-Minute Blackcurrant Jam Recipes
There are a lot of positive qualities in the Timur variety. Thanks to these characteristics, it is in demand in Eastern Europe and in many Asian countries.
- Timur grapes are early ripening grapes, berries ripen on average for 105-110 days.
- The variety is self-fertile, which means that the grapes will produce great harvests regardless of where they grow and whether there are pollinators near.
- The first berries after planting can be collected for 2-3 years.
- The taste is sweet, due to the fact that the berries up to 25% sugar!
Up to 3 medium-sized clusters can ripen on each shoot.Important! During droughts and hot summers, Timur grapes need more frequent watering.
- Grapes can be transported for short distances. But here this variety does not withstand long-term transportation, because the skin of the berries is thin and quickly crack.
- Clusters have commercial quality.
- There is immunity to mildew, gray rot.
- Resistance to frost down to -25 degrees Celsius.
- Productivity is not bad. Up to 3 medium-sized clusters can ripen on each shoot.
Lack of variety
The negative sides of this grape a bit.
- It is advisable to grow it on loose soil. When grown in clay soil, grapes produce less sweet berries.
- This grape variety is often attacked by a grape mite.
- Wasps love this variety, because it contains a lot of sugar.
Grape Timur pinkWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Variety of tomatoes Pink Elephant
- Raspberry hussar
- The best varieties of eggplant for open ground
- Recipes for crispy salted cucumbers
Photo of pink grape Timur
In addition to the white grape Timur, there is also pink. This is a variety of white grapes, but their characteristics are slightly different.
- Pink grapes Timur ripens a little later - for 110-130 days.
- Clusters are large, on average 800 g or more. They are looser than the white variety.
- The color of the berries is pink, it is possible purple outflow.
- Berries are sweet, but the sugar content is not more than 21%.
In terms of frost resistance, transportability, marketability of berries, resistance to diseases, their characteristics are identical.
Features planting grapes Timur
Propagating grapes varieties Timur is very simple. Cuttings, young bushes take root very quickly. The main thing is that the soil was fertilized. Culture is always planted at the beginning of spring or in autumn, while it is warm (September). The site for the plant is sunny. In the shade or partial shade do not get sweet berries.
Planting grapes Timur
Planted bushes and cuttings in fertile soil according to the standard scheme - first a ridge or pit is made for planting, it is richly fertilized. After that, you can plant and planting material. If several plants are planted, then a distance of 1-1.5 meters is maintained between them so that they do not interfere with each other’s growth. After the seedling has been placed in the ground, it should be gently sprinkled with earth on all sides, compacting the ground, and then pour it abundantly.Important! When growing grapes Timur in clay soil, which retains moisture, the berries become pronounced acidity.
Propagation of this variety is possible by grafting. Vaccination is done exclusively on healthy, vigorous grape varieties with a developed root system. It is better to do the vaccination in early spring, then there is a big chance that the sprout will take root.
Growing grapes Timur does not present much difficulty. It grows quickly, does not require much time in care.
1-2 times a year preventive spraying is carried out
- Grape Timur needs regular watering. If the earth dries up, it begins to lag behind in growth, and the berries will ripen longer, so you need to make sure that the soil under the bush does not dry out.
- It is important to regularly remove weeds so that they do not compete with the grapes for moisture and nutrients in the soil. Land also needs to be loosened from time to time.
- To prevent moisture from evaporating so quickly from the soil, it is recommended to mulch the root zone. To do this, you can take sawdust, moss or just humus.
- Fertilizers are made, both mineral and organic. But keep in mind that this variety reacts better to organics. It is advisable to feed with the growth of the bush - before flowering, during the tying of bunches, after harvest.
- Trimming is carried out every year. This improves the appearance of the bush and increases yield. Crop is carried out on 25-30 peephole.
- 1-2 times a year it is worth carrying out preventive spraying of grapes with fungicides and insecticides of a wide spectrum of action. If a pest, a disease has appeared, then a purposeful struggle with them is carried out. It should not be forgotten that these problems are best eliminated in the early stages.
To protect the crop from wasps, you need to place each bunch in a special mesh.
- For the winter, the bush is not normally covered, but the root zone must be mulched 25-30 cm in peat or humus. If the bush is still small, then you can cover the ground part. For this is taken lapnik, agrofibre, burlap. Usually only young ash is bent, the bush can be simply wrapped with insulating material, for it it will be an excellent protection against frost below -25 degrees.
After the crop is ripe, the grapes can be harvested. Clusters usually come off without problems, but you can cut them off. The use of this variety table, most often eat fresh berries, but it is suitable for processing. From grapes Timur can make a delicious wine, juice, raisins or canned.
Reviews about grape variety Timur
Details about the characteristics and cultivation of the variety described above, but before you buy grapes for planting, it is worth knowing what gardeners think about it.
- Alexander Boyko: “After I planted the grapes, Timur regretted for a long time. The first clusters were small, and it developed poorly. Then I was advised to apply organic fertilizers. The plant literally came to life. The next year, the grapes grew to 800 g, the berries are large, juicy , as sweet as honey! Now I only bring organic matter, but in moderation so as not to overfeed. "
- Genady Novikov: “Timur grapes are one of my favorite varieties. As soon as the place on the site appeared, I planted one bush. The clusters are not very big, but what delicious berries are crispy, juicy, sugary, what you need for food! Children are from him I am delighted and my wife likes it. We do not use it for processing, for this we have other varieties growing. "
- Larisa Kausa: "Timur grapes are good for growing purely for the family. It grows well, the taste of berries is excellent. In addition, the bush makes severe frosts, needs shelter only in rare years. And it rarely suffers from fungal diseases, if properly watered, so I recommend ! ".