Pears are frequent guests at the dinner table. They have a lot of nutrients, they are often used in different therapeutic diets. But in order to provide the whole family with this tasty fruit, it is worth growing on the plot only the best and most fruitful varieties. Pear Talgar beauty refers to such. This article is devoted to its qualities, characteristics of cultivation and care.
Description of pear Talgar beauty
The tree is of medium height. The crown is pyramidal, dense. The shoots are medium thick, gray-brown, the leaves are large, marsh color, glossy. With small notches and without pubescence. Not self-pollinated, so you can plant a pear Talgar beauty only near a pear Conference, Goverla and Pet Klapp.
Pear Talgar beauty has large fruits, the weight of each can reach 170 g, but there are also record holders for 200-250 g. The shape is typical, but slightly elongated, some fruits may be irregular pear-shaped - with a curved top. The peel is shiny, with full maturity, pale yellow with a large red blush on one side. In case of incomplete ripening, the color of the pear is green and the blush is more purple than red. Under the skin there are many greenish dots, they can be seen at any stage of fruit ripening.
Description of pear Talgar beauty
The flesh is light, crispy, very juicy. Sugar in the composition of 9%, acid - 0.37%, water - 85%. The fragrance is weak. The taste is pleasant, sweet. Tasting score - 4.6 points out of 5 possible.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a variety?Read also these articles.
- Growing radish in a greenhouse
- Strawberry variety Bereginya
- Strawberry processing in the fall
- What soil is better for seedlings
Pear Talgar beauty is popular due to its positive qualities and taste, of course.
- High and stable yield.
- Excellent taste.
- The first fruiting can be expected at 3 years after planting, but the fruits will not be much. But from 5 years yields will begin to grow rapidly.
- Commercial quality is excellent. Pears of the Talgar beauty variety are always on the market and in stores first.
- Transportability is high, but only if the fruits are immature. When ripe, they become soft, and when re-singing they deteriorate too quickly.
- Excellent frost resistance, up to -30 degrees Celsius and drought tolerance.
- Wood can recover quickly, even if it froze or in case of any mechanical damage.
- Fungal diseases are practically not affected.
- Pears are not prone to shattering, even when overriding.
- Good keeping quality of fruits.
Commercial quality is excellent
Now about the shortcomings.
- When overripe pear varieties Talgarskaya beauty quickly deteriorate, and their flesh becomes tasteless. On the peel will be dark, ugly spots.
- Pear does not cope with bacterial diseases.
- Not suitable for those who do not like soft pears. When fully ripe, the fruits are soft, but the skin can be harsh.
- If the extra ovaries are not cut off from the tree, the fruits will be small, and the branches under the impossible weight can break off altogether.
What are the features of growing pears Talgar beauty?
There are no features in the landing of the pear Talgar beauty. The seedling is prepared, infused in water for 1-1.5 days. A pit with a diameter of 50 cm and a depth of at least 90 cm is excavated for planting. Then a drainage is made below if the groundwater level is high. At the bottom of the hill is piled a fertile land (topsoil, humus, superphosphate, potash salt). The seedling is placed on the hill, the roots are laid out on all sides and then they are covered with earth. After this, the soil is ground and watered.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in planting, but leaving is another matter. To achieve from the pear variety Talgar beauty of regular abundant fruiting can only quality care.
- Watering is carried out at the rate of - 2 buckets of water per 1 tree. Watering is carried out throughout the warm season. The earth in the circle should be wet, but not swampy!
Watering is carried out throughout the warm season.
- Mulching is done in spring and summer in order to simplify care and increase the nutritional value of the earth. At the same time during the layout of mulch you need to make sure that it does not come into contact with the tree trunk.
- Due to the density of the crown, the pear needs annual pruning. If it is not carried out, collecting fruits will become almost impossible.
- Despite the fact that the Talgar beauty pear is a frost-resistant variety, it should be whitened (from pests) in the middle and northern regions for the winter, and then wrap the trunk with any insulating material. Pristvolny circle mulch 15-20 cm peat or humus.
- Top dressing is necessary only from 2 years after Planting. Nitrogen mixtures are always introduced in the spring, and organic matter under digging in the fall.
- For fungal diseases, prophylaxis is carried out at will, but from bacterial ones it is worthwhile to carry out annual prophylactic treatment with streptocide, pruning and much more. If pests or diseases are noticed, specialized insecticides and fungicides should be used from them, since traditional methods are effective only as a preventive measure and at the initial stage of the problem.
When is the harvest?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Planting melon
- Cow Milk Fat
- How to trap a swarm of bees and transplant into a hive
- Early varieties of apricots
Harvest pears Talgar beauty can be collected from the end of September. However, he will not be fully matured. But it is even good. Not fully ripe fruit is easy to handle.
Harvest pears Talgar beauty can be collected from the end of September
Full maturity occurs in October, and sometimes in November. Such a pear will have a normal yellow-red color, but because of the softness and abundance of juice, it will be difficult to transport, process for the winter or something like that.
If you collect the immature fruits from the tree, there will be no problems with their storage. They are examined - the best and the whole are put in cellars and only after a month you can start using them. At the simplest storage, the Talgar beauty is kept for up to 2 months, but if conditions are improved, the shelf life can last until February.
It is possible and even necessary to preserve pears of this variety, they are very tasty in the form of jam, jam, jam. From Talgarsky beauty the excellent pear juice, tasty dessert dishes turn out. If desired, it can also be frozen in chunks.