Duck Star 53 is a French broiler, primarily popular in Europe and Asia. Individuals are productive, early, have a good immune system. But what about keeping and feeding, and do they have any disadvantages? In order to understand the feasibility of breeding a breed, its full description will be described below in the article.
External description ducks Star 53
The individuals are large, have a beautiful physique, muscular, without significant fat deposits. The back and chest are wide, powerful. The tail is small, "looks" up. The head is large, but proportional to the body. The wings are tightly pressed to the body, have a wide scope. Beak and paws are saturated with orange color. The color of the feathers is exclusively white.
Exterior duck Star 53
Active, friendly ducks of the Star 53 breed love to walk, run, swim, and this feature must be encouraged to achieve high productivity.
What is the productivity of the species?Read also these articles.
- How to make feed for rabbits
- Calf diseases and treatment
- Collins Peach Variety
- Breeding rabbits
Birds Star 53 belong to broiler types of ducks, but they can also give eggs. Below are described their productive capabilities.
- An adult bird weighs an average of 4-4.5 kg.
- Already at the age of 45-50 days, individuals can be allowed for slaughter. During this period, they reach a considerable body weight - 3-4 kg, the meat is tender, soft, tasty. Further content is impractical.
- The carcass obtained after slaughter has a presentation, is ready for sale, non-greasy. Such meat is very useful for everyone without exception (it is not recommended only for people with individual intolerance). Nutritionists advise it to people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the elderly, children, weakened after diseases, operations.
Adult bird weighs an average of 4-4.5 kg
- The liver is incredibly tasty, can be used for the preparation of various dishes and delicacies.
- Up to 150 eggs can be obtained from one female for an egg-bearing period. Moreover, 90% of them are fertilized. Eggs can be eaten, they are quite tasty, nutritious and very healthy! The weight of one egg is 90 g on average, the shell is strong, white in color.
Duck Star 53 is beneficial for the content, it is literally created for the monastery. Pleasant appearance allows you to decorate any yard. Thanks to the excellent system of digestion, birds digest everything they have eaten, and the substances received by the body go to gain muscle mass, but not fat.
Are there any flaws in duck Star 53?
Earliness allows you to seriously spend on food only 1.5 months
The main disadvantage of the breed is nutritional demands. The first one and a half years of life, before slaughter, the ducklings should receive excellent feed quality, otherwise the body weight or meat quality will decrease significantly. At the same time, it is necessary to understand that early maturity allows you to spend only 1.5 months seriously, the rest of the time you can save a little. After the slaughter of the brood, the livestock becomes smaller, and hence the consumption of expensive feed is also less. And one more important point - yes, fodder is needed expensive, but each individual pays for itself completely, so the breeder will not be left at a loss!
They are very sensitive to stress, so you should not frighten birds or expose their nervous system to tests - this can affect productivity and even the taste of meat. Ducks also have sensitivity to dampness, cold and drafts, but this applies to any bird, not just Star 53 ducks.
How to keep the breed?We recommend reading our other articles.
- How to plant cabbage on seedlings
- Variety melon Gulyabi
- Leghorn Chickens
- Victoria Breed Turkeys - Content Tips
To the care or maintenance of ducks Star 53 are undemanding, but this does not mean that the birds can live in the dirt or in the open. Just unlike many other species, this one costs much less in terms of maintenance, and it costs less to spend on care.
- The size of the duckling should be such that the birds in it are not crowded - on one duck 2 square meters. It is important to make reliable walls, ceilings, windows, so that the residents would be dry and warm.
- The floor should be raised up to 25 cm from the ground, a thick layer of bedding spreads for the winter so that the feet of the birds do not freeze.
- Additional, artificial lighting is mandatory for increasing the daylight in winter and for the convenience of the breeder.
- Waterfowl - needs a small rate, a river, a lake where you can swim for your pleasure.
- Walking - a mandatory condition of the content. Locked up they will not survive. For walking, you can bring them to the lake or arrange a small pen with delicious herbs and a small pond.
Walking - a mandatory condition of the content. Locked up they won't survive
- In the duck should be made perches, nests, stationary (but removable) feeders, drinkers, a container with a crushed shell.
Cleaning is carried out in the event of contamination of the duckling, windows, feeders. Do not forget that not only birds have to sit in a dirty room, a breeder also often happens there, and can pick up ticks, fleas, some kind of infection that “lives” on dirty walls, ceilings and the floor. So cleaning is an integral part of bird care and personal safety.
How to feed ducks Star 53?
Food - the most important item in the care of birds Star 53 and the most expensive. It's simple - if you save on the stern, the bird grows slowly, the quantity and quality of meat decreases by about 50%! If you don’t save on feed, the transporter for 1.5 months receives a brood of well-fed ducklings weighing at least 4 kg (usually 4.5), which can be let to the slaughter, and their meat will be of the highest quality.
Feeding ducks Star 53
The choice of course is for the breeder, what feeding to provide the ducks, but it is this breed that needs good nutrition. If there are not enough funds for expensive feed, you should choose another breed that grows quickly and gives good meat, using mostly pasture.
So, what is necessary for ducks of breed Star 53?
- Feed - the basis of nutrition. The choice should fall on a good manufacturer and the most complete, fortified composition, but the average quality of the mixture is also suitable.
- Vitamin and mineral supplements are extremely necessary in the period of intensive growth of the young and in the period of egg production of females. They improve the quality of feed, its digestibility, can even affect the growth rate of ducklings.
- Brooms are made from greens, chopped (grated) root vegetables and vegetables. Leaves, clover, dandelion or nettle will be suitable as greenery, and from vegetables the bird loves carrots, cabbage and pumpkin.
- The water in the drinking trough changes 2 times a day with the feeding of birds. It is important to monitor its availability throughout the day.
They feed the birds 3 times a day. In the afternoon, however, they find their own food, so that the breeder is required 2-time feeding - morning and evening. Compound feed and mash can be mixed up and given in the same feeder or divided and fed, for example, in the morning mash and in the evening feed.
How to breed?
The duck Star 53 is considered a bad mother and never copes with its duties, therefore any type of incubator is always used for breeding. Fertilization of eggs received from hens is high, so there will be no problems with it. After the appearance of ducklings, they are determined in a brooder. The first time it maintains a temperature of +30 degrees Celsius. And only from the age of a week the temperature begins to gradually decrease.
An incubator is always used for breeding.
They feed ducklings with special starter feed. And from 3-5 days, chopped herbs (dandelion, nettle, clover), vegetables, and root vegetables are gradually mixed into the diet. Any new supplements are given little by little, in order to trace the reaction of the organism of the crumbs to a particular product. It will not be superfluous to feed the feathered cottage cheese and vitamin supplements.