To obtain an early harvest, gardeners grow many crops by the seedling method. To get good seedlings, you need not only to choose the right variety, but also to provide the young sprouts with the right care. How to water the seedlings - a question of interest to many beginning farmers. If you do not provide plants with full, timely watering, they will not develop normally, so it is important to know what and how to water the seedlings!
How to conduct watering seedlings
Every gardener and florist should know how to water the seedlings, otherwise it will be problematic to grow strong, beautiful seedlings. The first step is to determine what water to use for irrigation?
Ideal for watering seedlings - melt or rain water. If it is possible to collect snow or rainwater, then such a feed for the plant will be the best. But, to collect it is not so easy, especially in cities, so you can use other options.
Ideal for watering seedlings - melt or rain water
- Otstoyannaya water (defend it for 1-2 days, without covering with a lid).
- A good option for watering - filtered water.
- It is very useful to apply acidified water. To do this, put one peat tablet or 1 g of citric acid in a bucket of water (10 l).
Acceptable water temperature is +20 ... +25 degrees Celsius.Interesting! Boiled water - not the best option, because when boiling it loses nutrients, oxygen. Such water for seedlings does not have much benefit.
How often to water the seedlingsRead also these articles.
- Angora rabbit
- Calving cow
- The most popular breeds of sheep
- Raspberry tarusa
Knowing how to water the seedlings, you can avoid many problems with its development. In particular - root rot, the development of pests in the ground, soil rooting, etc.
- Before the emergence of seedlings seedlings are usually watered once a day. Conducted watering from the spray (so that the earth is not washed away). A crust should not form on the surface, otherwise the shoots will be harder to break.
- When the seeds germinate, the film cover is removed, and watering is reduced to 2-3 days. During this time the seedlings will get stronger. Then the seedlings can be tucked, thin out, as needed. Watering from this time is held no more than 1 time per week.
When the seeds germinate, the film cover is removed, and watering is reduced to 2-3 days.
- After the appearance of 2-3 leaves, water is introduced so that it soaks the whole earthen ball to the bottom of the box. The frequency of irrigation depends on the type of crop, but on average it is done every 3-7 days so that the soil does not dry out.
Watering seedlings of vegetables
Depending on the type of crop grown, irrigation rules may vary significantly.
- Seedlings of tomato, pepper and eggplant are watered about the same. Before the germination of tomato seeds (pepper, eggplant), planting should be sprayed once a day from a spray bottle, as indicated above. After the emergence of shoots, the irrigation pauses for 3 days, and then watering is carried out 1-2 times a week. Orientation is necessary on the soil - it should not dry out! Only easy drying of the top layer of soil is allowed! 2 days before the picking, tomato seedlings (peppers, eggplant) should also be watered, and subsequent watering should be done 4-5 days after picking, no more than 1 time per week.
Before transplanting adult seedlings to a permanent place, watering reduces
- Cucumbers need more water. Before the emergence of shoots, the ground in the container should not dry out - it is kept a little wet! Watering is carried out by spraying from a spray. After the appearance of sprouts, they need to be watered once a day. At the same time it is necessary to loosen the soil so that it does not undergo a crust. After the appearance of 2-3 leaves, the amount of watering can be reduced, but the water makes a lot more to the soil is well soaked.
- For cabbage water is necessary not less than for cucumbers. The ground is always kept a little wet. Before the emergence of seedlings, the seedlings are watered daily from the sprayer, and after the emergence of the sprouts, as the ground dries. In 1,5 weeks after emergence of shoots saplings dive in separate capacities. 2 hours before it is necessary to water the seedlings so that the roots do not tear during the separation of the seedlings. Before planting seedlings in a permanent place, you need to stop making water for a week, and 2 hours before transplanting, pour plenty of earthen ball in a pot.
Watering seedlings of flowersWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Carrot varieties
- Graft pruner
- The most popular breeds of sheep
- Varieties of cucumbers for the Urals
Flower seedlings are usually so small that it can be very difficult to water. Because of this, it is usually not watered until sprouts appear (there is enough water in the seed that was introduced during sowing). After the appearance of sprouts, water begins to be made every 5-7 days. The easiest way to do this is to use a sprayer or a simple syringe for irrigation. Another option is to water the saplings from the watering can, along the edge of the container. Do not forget that for the normal development of the root system it is necessary to water plants in moderation, not too often.
It is very important to water the petunia seedlings immediately after the germination
- Petunias are not difficult to grow seedlings, but you need to make water in time. It is very important to water the seedlings immediately after the emergence of the sprouts, otherwise they will fall and no longer rise! Prior to this, the earth is sometimes moistened and only from the sprayer. When the petunias grow up, they begin to be watered with the usual method - as the soil dries.
- When growing lobelia, seeds are sown only in a moist ground. After the emergence of seedlings sprouts can not be sprayed, otherwise they will rot! But how to water lobelia? The easiest method of soil moistening is to put a box with seedlings in a basin of water for a few minutes. After this, the pot is taken out and allowed to drain off with excess water. From above, the soil is moistened exclusively by means of a syringe.
Fertilizer use when watering
How to water the seedlings, has been described above. But in order for the seedlings not to stretch and fully develop, it is sometimes necessary to water it not just with water, but with special dressings or solutions.
- Very often, seedlings germinate early and begin to rapidly stretch. What to water so that the seedlings do not stretch? The main reason for pulling seedlings is watering too often. So you need to reduce the frequency and abundance of irrigation, fertilizing, and not to make new funds!
- Watering for growth is carried out with a solution of ammonia. Such dressing is easily absorbed by plants and strengthens them, stimulates growth, the development of green mass. On a teaspoon of ammonia is taken 10 liters of water. After mixing, the solution is used for watering seedlings.
- Watering seedlings with iodine increases the resistance of crops, suitable for the growth of green mass, proper development of the roots. For 3 liters of water enough drops of iodine. After mixing, the liquid is stirred and used for watering under the root. Such feeding is carried out 1 time for the entire period of growing seedlings.
Seedlings can be fed with growth stimulants
- How to water the seedlings with peroxide? Hydrogen peroxide is often used for watering seedlings. It disinfects the soil, saturates plant cells with oxygen. With a weak solution (1 tbsp. L. / 5 l of water) you can spray the seeds immediately after sowing. For grown up seedlings a 3% peroxide solution is used - 3 liters of water are taken per 3 tablespoons of peroxide.
- Top dressing with potassium permanganate allows activating growth, disinfecting the ground, increasing crop resistance to diseases. Make a solution of 10 liters of water and 3 g of potassium permanganate. The resulting liquid is used for irrigation or spraying of seedlings every 10 days, no more.
- Watering with tincture of ash is very useful for adult seedlings of tomatoes, cucumbers or other vegetable, flower crops. It is advisable to hold it a few days before planting seedlings at a permanent place. To make a solution, it is necessary to add a glass of wood ash to 8 liters of boiling water, and infuse the liquid for 1 day. After this infusion is filtered and used for watering. At 1 seedling consumes no more than ½ cup of infusion.
In addition, the seedlings can feed and growth promoters. But in order not to harm crops, only the best means are chosen. In favorites among gardeners and gardeners today are such stimulants as "Epin-extra", "Kornevin", "Humate sodium", "Zircon", "Silk". Use them strictly according to the instructions, so as not to harm the seedlings.