Kids and adults love raspberries, it helps to cope with different diseases, they make various dishes of it, while preservation for the winter while growing a culture is quite simple. Raspberry Hercules - known and very common variety. On the qualities, disadvantages and characteristics of the cultivation of raspberry Hercules will be described in detail in the article.
What are the characteristics of the raspberry recuperation Hercules?
Variety refers to remontantnymi species and fruits twice a year. The bush grows up to 2 meters, not very sprawling. The branches are strong, tall. The plant has large thorns, which are densely located along all the branches of raspberry. On the bush about 3-4 pagon, sometimes more, but experienced gardeners are advised to leave the strongest, and cut the rest. The leaves are bright green, with jagged edges.
Remontant raspberry bush Heracles
Fruitful culture, has large, tasty and juicy berries of a rich raspberry color. The berries are hard, dense, have a clear, regular shape weighing 5-7 grams. The taste is sweet and sour, the aroma is very strong. The variety is suitable for processing and for fresh consumption.
Harvest raspberry Heracles gives twice a year. However, some gardeners prefer to collect it only once - in the fall. Therefore, they cut off all the old pagons in the fall, thus preventing the spring ovaries from developing - they simply have nowhere to develop. At the same time a very large and high-quality harvest is collected in the fall. It is important to note that the autumn harvest is less frequently affected by pests, it is more accurate, full.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a variety?Read also these articles.
- Dogwood Jam
- Calving cow
- Flower Decembrist (Schlumberger)
- Radish Duro
The virtues of the Hercules variety allowed it to spread almost throughout the world. It is successfully grown in different countries for its own use and for sale in large quantities.
Characteristics of grades of remontany raspberry
- Large berries just to collect.
- Fruiting takes place twice per season. The first harvest is collected in mid-June, and the second appears only from mid-August. At the same time, the bulk of the crop (60-80%) is collected in August. In the total amount per year you can collect up to 3 kg of berries from a bush.
- Transportability is good. To improve it, it is worth picking berries early in the morning.
- Remontnaya Raspberry Heracles is suitable for home consumption or for cultivation for production purposes. Some gardeners do a good business in growing this variety. Young seedlings are on sale, as well as a rich harvest. In small quantities, you can sell the product on the market or in stores, and in large quantities to sell in factories for further processing of the product.
- The plant is not afraid of raspberry mite and gray rot, but other diseases and pests require regular processing.
There are a lot of disadvantages in the raspberry variety Hercules, but some gardeners consider them irrelevant. So what is the fear?
- The frost resistance of the plant is low - it withstands frost only up to -21 degrees Celsius. Therefore, it is worth growing the variety only in the southern regions. The northern is very cold, and the middle bands are sometimes marked by a decrease in the winter temperature to -30-35 degrees. If you wish, of course, you can additionally warm the bushes, cut them for the winter and cover them with film, cover them with snow, process them with special means, but the chances of survival during severe frosts are extremely low. At best, the raspberry will go away, but it will yield a poor harvest.
- The abundance of spines on the shoots can be a problem for the harvest, especially if the berries decide to collect the kids.
- The sour taste of raspberries is not liked by everyone. Therefore, it is often planted exclusively for further processing, and sweet varieties are grown for fresh consumption.
- When growing a variety in a cold climate, the crop is harvested only in spring. The second time, he just does not have time to keep up until frost.
How to grow a variety?
Raspberry varieties Hercules are grown like other species. Only flat, sunny areas are suitable for growing.
Protection of raspberries from pests and diseases
Saplings should be bought either in the nursery or simply from acquaintances, since it is extremely difficult to distinguish outwardly young shoots from another variety.
Plant worth any convenient method. 1.5 meters of free space is left between the individual rows, the shoots are planted at a distance of 70 cm. Thanks to this planting, the raspberries will be lit from all sides by the sun. When planting it is important to ensure that the root neck is 2-3 cm above the top layer of the earth. For the plant to more quickly take root between the sprouts and rows, they mulch with compost or peat.
Are there any difficulties in the care?We recommend reading our other articles.
- What to feed the Vietnamese piglets
- How to cut currants in the fall
- How to get rid of rats in the hen house?
- Tago strawberry variety
Raspberry Hercules requires the same care as any other variety. Watering, weeding, pruning, spraying from pests and diseases. In terms of watering, all gardeners are recommended to equip a drip system. It is easy to adjust, it is simple and convenient to use.
Drip irrigation and pruning raspberries
Pruning is carried out in the fall. It is recommended that all two-year-old shoots be cut off at the root, as a further harvest on them will be painful and small.
As for the garter, most gardeners point to the reliability of raspberry stalks that do not burst with a load of berries. But judging sensibly: the weight of one berry is 5-7 grams, the bush gives up to 3 kg of crop, while there are only 3-5 branches - so it is better to be safe and pull the wire or twine horizontally to support the stems.
During the fruiting season, the ground at the roots of raspberry needs to be mulched and fertilized from time to time with mineral (superphosphate, potassium salt, urea, potassium sulphide) or organic (humus) substances. However, either minerals or organic are used at one time. You can not mix them!